Friday, December 30, 2011

Chainsaw Safety Video

It is not uncommon for me to have a camera strapped to my side for unique photo or video opportunities.  Earlier this year, I shot this video during a chainsaw safety demonstration at Longwood Gardens that was part of the arborculture training in our Professional Gardener Program.  I later edited it in i-Movie.  Mert LaBare (with the saw) and Kyle Parks, both arborists at Longwood, did a great job of showing the importance of chainsaw chaps through a powerful visual demonstration.  These guys are serious about safety (and so is Longwood)!  It was great to learn from their example.  I really learned from them, and the rest of the Longwood staff, that safety is an attitude and being "careful" is not the same as being SAFE.


Best wishes and health to everyone in the New Year!  And Be Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment